Can you Dance? Regionals
Postponed from 26 Arpil to 19 July
Can You Dance? will return to Liverpool on 19 July 2020
Touring 8 REGIONAL CONVENTIONS across the UK in 2020 bringing the very best masterclasses, showcase competition & dance exhibition a lot closer to you! Plus global dance brand ambassador searches, college scholarships, awards and much more! This convention is for dancers of all abilities aged 8+ and Can You Dance? can’t wait to be returning to Liverpool on July 19th!
The day consists of:
MASTERCLASSES from industry leading choreographers, dancers and teachers, the CYD? choreographers & dance educators are the best in the business! You will get a Masterclass in Contemporary, Commercial & Musical Theatre. All Masterclass capacities are capped to ensure a positive experience.
The CYD? EXHIBITION is packed full of top performing arts college, dance experts and dancewear brands. Whether it’s the newest dancewear collection you’re looking for or career advice, we
have everything you will need under one roof! You can join in the performances & competitions on the demo stage & take free classes in the Acro/Technique zone too!
The ultimate Group Dance COMPETITION! CYD? is a renowned competition that welcomes all standards. The top 3 Junior & top 3 Senior winners from all 8 of their Regional Conventions will go
through to the Grand Finals taking place at the Super Convention at The M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool.
The opportunity to be scouted for SCHOLARSHIPS to attend someof the UK’s top performing arts colleges. CYD? helps dancers gain access to full and part time courses.
Don’t miss out on a jam packed day full of all things dance!
Whether you are an individual dancer or part of a dance group, an amateur or been dancing for years, Can You Dance? is the perfect place to meet up with like-minded people and talk all things dance!
Individual Dancers - Silver Ticket £28.50pp
- 3x Masterclasses; The UK's most in demand choreographers & dancers become your tutors for the day! Classes are dividied into Junior (aged 8-13) and Senior (aged 14 and over). Dancers of all abilities welcome.
- Dance Exhibition; Industry exhibition is packed full of performing arts and dance experts with the opportunity to buy the latest dancewear from our exhibitors. Also get the chance to watch the top UK dance colleges perform on the main stage!
Dance Schools - Gold Ticket £38.50pp
- 3x Masterclasses; The UK's most in demand choreographers & dancers become your students' tutors for the day! They will each get a masterclass in Contemporary, Commercial and Musical Theatre. All dance abilities welcome!
- Dance Exhibition; Industry exhibition is packed full of performing arts and dance experts, and students can seek career advice and discover college opportunities! Dancers also get to shop the latest dancewear and get the chance to watch the top UK dance colleges perform on the main stage.
- Competition Entry; You can enter two groups into the competition - 1 Junior (ages 8 to 13) and 1 Senior (aged 14+). Routines should be 2.30 minutes long with an absolute maximum of 3 minutes (any music over 3 minutes will be returned and asked to be cut). There should be a minimum of 8 dancers per group, with a maximum of 40 and you may enter any genre.
- Finals; the top 3 Junior and top 3 Senior winners from all 8 Regional Conventions will go through to the Grand Finale for the chance to be crowned CYD? Champion of Champions, taking place during the Super Convention at M&S Bank Arena in October 2020.
Spectator - Bronze Ticket £10.50pp
- This ticket is for parents, family and friends who wish to come along and watch. This gives them Competition & Masterclass Supporter tickets and also Exhibition Entry (teachers and children under 5 enter free).
Can You Dance? is bringing the very best masterclasses, showcase competition & dance exhibition to Liverpool! Plus global dance brand ambassador searches, college scholarships, awards and much more!
From the south...
Virgin Trains operates hourly, direct services from London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street (with a journey time of just over two hours). Other long-distance rail services also operate into Liverpool Lime Street station.
Exhibition Centre Liverpool is a 20-minute walk from Lime Street or a short taxi ride. You can also transfer at Lime Street onto the underground Wirral Line trains to James Street station (10 minute walk) or catch the CityLink Route C4 (7am – 8pm) directly to the venue. If travelling from outside Merseyside, you can catch an underground train to James Street station from Lime Street station, inclusive of the cost of your ticket.
Flying into Liverpool John Lennon Airport...
A taxi from the airport to the city centre will take approximately 20 minutes or the express bus service Route 500 will take approximately 25 minutes, dropping you off within a five minute walk of Exhibition Centre Liverpool.
Most Liverpool city centre bound buses will call at either Queen Square bus station (a 15-minute walk) or Liverpool ONE Bus Station, which is only a five minute walk to Exhibition Centre Liverpool.
The CityLink Route C4 bus links Queen Square bus station, James Street rail station and Liverpool ONE Bus Station to the venue. CityLink Route C4 operates every 20 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays and every 30 minutes on Sundays, between 7am – 8pm, with a maximum fare of £1 per journey. Merseytravel prepaid tickets, National Concessionary bus passes and Arriva day tickets are all valid on this service.
For up-to-date information on all bus, train and ferry services, call Traveline Merseyside on 0871 200 22 33, open 8am – 8pm, 364 days a year or visit www.merseytravel.gov.uk
For all car journeys it's best to follow the white on brown tourist route signs for the Waterfront. These signs are visible on the major routes into the city. Exhibition Centre Liverpool is situated on the Kings Dock directly adjacent to the south side of the Albert Dock. Upon arrival, the Kings Dock entrance is clearly sign posted.
From the North...
Leave the M6 at junction 26 and follow signs for M58 Liverpool. Follow to end of M58 and then take signs for A59 Liverpool. Continue to follow Liverpool City Centre until picking up signs for the Waterfront.
From the South...
Leave the M6 at junction 21A and take the M62 to Liverpool. At the end of the M62 follow signs for Liverpool City Centre along Edge Lane, picking up and following signs for Waterfront.
Have You Considered?
Liverpool is a vibrant, modern city, proud of its rich heritage and renowned for its friendly people. Visit Liverpool and enjoy everything it has to offer. Here is just a sample of what's available.
Pullman Liverpool Hotel
Pullman Liverpool, voted Hotel of the Year 2019, is one of the city's most stylish hotels. Conveniently integrated into the Liverpool event campus, this contemporary hotel offers 216 comfortable rooms and suites, and a top-notch menu to suit every taste thanks to signature dishes in the on-site Marco Pierre White Wheelers of St James’s
Located by the city’s iconic waterfront, Liverpool ONE is one of Europe's leading retail and leisure destinations. With more than 170 stores, bars and restaurants, a 14 screen cinema and even a park, you’ll always have a fun packed day here.Visit website
British Music Experience
The British Music Experience tells the story of British Music through costumes, instruments, performance and memorabilia from the Beatles and Bowie to Adele, Oasis and The X Factor.Visit website